[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fr. Tom Strikes Again

Subject:  Re: Fr. Tom Strikes Again
  Date:   Sun, 11 May 1997 14:57:24 -0700
  From:   "Norman F. Stanley" <nfs-at-midcoast-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

At 11:47 PM 5/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subject: Fr. Tom Strikes Again
>  Date:  Thu, 8 May 1997 14:07:45 -0400
>  From: "Thomas McGahee" <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
>    To: "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

        <a beautifully commonsensical dissertation deleted for
bandwidth's sake>

>Fr. Tom McGahee

Perhaps I'm missing a point or going off on a tangent here, but is a
single
cycle sinusoidal pulse really a pure sine wave?  The voltage is constant
at
zero up to the start of the pulse and returns to stay at zero at its
termination.  There's (ideally, of course) a discontinuity at each
point.
These should generate an infinite number of harmonics--uh--shouldn't
they?

Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher.

Norm