[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Saturable Reactors

Subject: Re: Saturable Reactors
  Date:  Fri, 9 May 1997 21:33:13 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 08 May 1997 10:24:23 -0500 David Huffman
<huffman-at-FNAL.GOV> wrote;

> Hi,
> Sorry for the confusion here. I was talking about the resonating
> 5KV-at-300mA transformers a few of us bought. The 5Kv-at-300mA transformers
> have a resonate winding right under the secondary and most certainly
> could not accept a DC input. I thought that was what Steve had and
> was going to try putting DC on that winding. Should have changed the
> subject since the xformers are not saturable reactors.

I can see the potential for confusion. But even so I think he just
might be able to pull it off. Could you diagram the transformer
showing the magnetic path of the core and location of all the
windings and whatever info you have on the windings. Idealy the wire
gauge and number of turns on each winding, but Vin and all Vouts can
suffice.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/