[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nikola Tesla

Subject:      Re: Nikola Tesla
       Date:  Fri, 09 May 1997 08:46:07 -0700
       From:  gene lambert <tesla-at-cyberverse-dot-com>
         To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
        CC:   tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:   Re: Nikola Tesla
>   Date:    Tue, 6 May 1997 01:13:41 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:    richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>     To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> At 12:26 AM 5/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Subject:  Nikola Tesla
> >  Date:  Sun, 4 May 97 14:16:35 EDT
> >  From:  pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com
> >    To:
> >mail11:;;;;-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-unknown.pupman-dot-com;;;
> >(-at-teslatech)
> >    CC: pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com
> >

> >>        Dr. Tesla himself
> >        Who?
> >        Nikola Tesla, generally the subject of this group, held no
> >        doctorate.
> >
> >>        He did the theory first, the math second, and the
> >>       experimental work after that.
> >
> >        Sometimes (eg: Inventions, Researches and Writings and
> >        Experiments with Currents of High Potential and High
> >        Freqency, books by Tesla) he seems quite busy experimenting
> >        off into his future, adapting theories to suit.
> >
> >        regards
> >        dwp
>
> DWP,
>
> Correct!  Tesla never even formally graduated from any university.  He
> was
> highly educated, still, having about two and 1/2 years of intensive
> study in
> the sciences.  He just left school for reasons not totally clear.  He
> was
> conferred at least two honorary Doctoral degrees later in life by
> institutions in the US and honorary doctorates don't count except as
> recognition factors.
>
> I was amazed to learn this from two fellows who really went and retreved
> his
> actual records four years ago.  A lot of excellent detective work!  They
> gave a talk at one of the Tesla Symposiums and had all the documents on
> slides and vu-graph for all to see.  Tesla's grades were superlative
> throughout and he could have easily have done the deed to any level he
> desired, but for that unknown and abrupt leaving.  Family problems?
> Ideas
> coming too fast for the dull curriculums?  Anyone's guess!
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard, I don't remember exactly, but if I remember, Tesla didn't
finish School because of family problems, and illness. I also remember
him being disillusioned with the professors at school. Also, he was
credited with having a photographic memory, and had pretty much finished
all of his coursework in that 2 1/2 years, just never completed the
exams to get his degree.

Gene Lambert