[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What do you say to people?

Subject:  Re: What do you say to people?
  Date:   Wed, 07 May 1997 06:44:04 +1000
  From:   Ralph Down <rjdown-at-fan-dot-net.au>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>When someone approaches you with these question:
>
>"Why? Why would you build such a crazy device?". or
>"What purpose could this device possibly have for you?".
>(I'm sure you have heard a thousand other variations)
>
>How would we respond? I am asked this MORE than enough times maybe four
>or
>five times a day, depending on who is around. I've been asked by my
>parents, by friends, and by some nosy teachers (like some who have seen
>my
>strange photographs, you know, of my secondary, my caps etc).
>
>I simply respond something like:
>
>"I'm recreating an invention by a famous inventor". or
>"I am expanding my knowledge in a very entertaining way". or
>"Mind your own damn business, teacher!".
>
>I'm interested onto what other people think.

I have been asked the same questions and tried to give appropriate
answers,
but one person suggested that it was "small penis syndrome" - you know,
like
the guys who hot up their cars and lay rubber for hundreds of yards! -
Thats
why I'm now trying to make the smallest Tesla coil in the world!

Regards
Ralph Down

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....... and everything
is O.K.