[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: - Parts search

Subject:  Re: - Parts search
  Date:   Mon, 5 May 1997 12:49:01 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Thu, 01 May 1997 20:02:45 GMT Robert Michaels
<robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org> wrote;

> T>>Robert I think you missed his point - he was being humorous, what he
>
>                 Being humorous?  Oh?  And like I wasn't?  (Already I'm
>                 insulted   [ doesn't take much does it? ] ).

Gee your touchy! I wasn't implying that you weren't being humorous,
just that it seemed like you were jumping on the poor boy a bit too
hard.

> T>>meant was if this neon transformer was used properly as in a well
> T>>designed Tesla coil it would possibly yield 12 foot sparks. I must
> T>>admit though I have never seen nor heard of anyone getting more than
> T>>a 6 foot discharge from a single neon transformer {15KV/6O ma.}!
> T>>I would love to see the design that would yield a 12 foot discharge
> T>>from a single neon transformer!

>                 Six-ft. discharge from a 900-watt neon transformer?
>
>                 Sounds like Guiness Book of Record stuff to me.
>
>                 That's 72-inches, son.   I think most of us will
>                 believe that when we see it - along with that
>                 200-ft. (or whatever) coil which went to that
>                 mysterious (unnamed) Pacific island.

Frankly I agree, but there were a few individuals in the TCBA that
claimed 65 to 72 inch sparks off of 1 900 watt neon transformer.
Frankly I would like to see it. The best I ever got from 1 900 watt
neon transformer was about 3 feet, now with 2 in parallel I've gotten
a bit over 6 feet. BTW whats the deal on this 200-ft. coil, I don't
think I heard about this one yet.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/