[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE Subject: 10KV RMS -at- 30

Subject:      RE Subject: 10KV RMS -at- 30
       Date:   Mon, 05 May 1997 16:13:44 GMT
       From: robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

T>       From: Skip Greiner <sgreiner-at-wwnet-dot-com>

T>This is a preliminary report on first sparks using a pair of these
T>transformers with the secondaries series connected for 10kv output and
T>the primaries connected in anti parallel.

 [ ... ]

        This sound like =excellent= work but it raises some
        questions:

 [ ... ]

T>I use 1 safety gap across both xformers set at 10kv  and individual
T>safety gaps across each xformer which are set for 5kv. The gaps do not
T>fire during operation.

         Did you protect the transformers in any way other than
         safety gaps (as with chokes, etc. ??)

T>The transformers deliver 10kv total open circuit with a primary cap of
T>.08 and no caps in the resonator winding. The secondary was placed
about
T>1" above the top turn of the primary (the exact coupling is yet to be
T>determined). A 5.5" x 27" toroid was used as a first try.

 [ ... ]

        For those of us who are not "two-transformer" families,
        it would be really interesting to know if anything can
        be accomplished with but 1 transformer.  (Likewise for
        those who are =now= 2-transformer families but may be-
        come 1-transformer if they can't duplicate your good
        results!)

        Also --

        10-Kv from two transformers -- this means you were using
        the resonating capacitors with the transformers?

 [ ... ]

T>to get to 6" discharges which is my goal.

        Feet, I would imagine?  (or are you talking about something
        internal to the transformer?)

T>Damn the torpedos....full speed ahead. More reports will follow.

T>Skip

        Reports?  Loud explosive noises?  (Like from a cannon?)

                                       On tenter hooks in --
                                       Detroit, USA

                                       Robert Michaels