[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rf suppression

Subject:  rf suppression
  Date:   Sun, 4 May 97 15:43:35 EDT
  From:   pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com
    To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
    CC: pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

>> 2. RF suppression for 60HZ line

>To the best of my knowledge spark plug wire has no inherent
>suppresion of R.F. it is the ignition coil circuitry that
>incorperates R.F. suppresion.
        'resistor wire' was invented to 'take the edge' off the
        electrical pulse which is an ignition system output.  Likewise
        the 'R" series plugs, with a rsistor in them.  Same purpose.
        The ignition system does not need the HF component, and that
        portion of the wave DOES trash the radio reception, so....

        Regardless, either sort of does not seem real applicable to
        coiling...

        regards
        dwp