[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tingle Filing

Subject: Re: Tingle Filing
  Date:  Sun, 04 May 1997 12:36:28 -0400
  From:  "Daryl P. Dacko" <mycrump-at-cris-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 08:35 AM 5/4/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Last night we had a thunder storm.  I watched the lighting from the back
>door
>as usual for about 10 minutes.  Lighting struck a large tree in the back
>yard.  Lighting came down the tree and shot out across the yard threw
>the
>roots in all directions.  When it struck the tree I felt a tingle
>feeling all
>over my entire body just like the same feeling when I hold my hand near
>the
>tesla coil toroid just out of spark range.  Does this tingle feeling
>have a
>name?

<snip>

>Gary Weaver

An excellent question !

My last coil (4" secondary, 1.8 Kva input) produced that 'tingle
feeling'
for up to ten feet away.

I've felt that tingle on most of my other coils, but put it off as some
sort of nervousness due to working with something dangerous.

On the 4" coil, during a long run to check for overheating of the series
quench gaps, my wife mentioned that she felt a 'nervous and tinglely'
feeling when the coil was running.

We talked about it a bit and came to the conclusion that it was some
sort
of real phenomenon. (she is a regestered nurse, and has great interest
in any
sort of thing that affects the nervious system)

As to whether it is caused by corona formation at the skin surface,
direct radio frequency stimulation of skin/nerves, etc, etc, etc,
who knows ?

There is a similar phenomenon, often disputed by experts, where a loud
'click' is heard at the same time as the lighting bolt is seen to hit,
with the thunder arriving a bit later, which is used as evidence that
the nervous system can detect a pulse of EMF directly...

More to the point of the Tesla list, has anyone else felt that 'tingely
feeling', and under what conditions ?

Daryl