[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: dielectric mat'l

Subject:  Re: dielectric mat'l
  Date:   Sun, 4 May 1997 11:46:18 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 03 May 1997 17:56:36 -0400 Richard Staron
<rstaron-at-widow.aracnet-dot-net> wrote;

> The question that I would like to have answered is whether the printing
> on the poly, which happens to be along the full length, will have any
> affect on the dielectric strength of the material.  Any comments?

Hi Richard, there is nothing you can but on the surface of any
dialectric that will effect it's dialectric strength. It may effect
the dialectric constant, Which you can compensate for by using more
plates. My only concern would be potential R.F. power factor losses
from the ink. At best these could wast some of your power as heat,
but if great enough could get hot enough to melt your polyethylene
and short out the capacitor! Only thing I could suggest is to make a
test capacitor from the polyethylene and measure it's capacitance and
see how it compares with the calculated value then GRADUALY put it
under the voltage test and see if it gets hot.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/