[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Class D Tesla amp.

Subject:  Class D Tesla amp.
  Date:   Sat, 3 May 1997 05:26:27 -0500 (CDT)
  From:   "Richard A. Smith" <ras2-at-tant-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Fri, 2 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Interesting, lately I have been toying with the idea of feeding a
> Tesla Coil with an R.F. current of the same frequency as the
> primary/secondary tunning frequency which for most of us would be in
> the 100 to 300 Khz range. It seems to me that it would enable a two
> coil system to act as a magnifier, leastwise if one could control the
> phase of the R.F. supply.

Greetings,

I am a newcomer to this list.  Finally, people who have a clue and can
guide me in the ways! Thank you! Built my first TC many years ago. It
was
chicken feed compared to what I am reading in the archives.  Build a
second, larger and had miserable results.  (Of course now I see why)
Since
then I have longed to build a solid state device that would achive
compareable performance with out all the hassle of spark gaps designs.

So far in the archives I have not come across any thing that has to do
with a good RF power amp for driving a Coil.  Has there been a thread?
If
so point me to the proper archive.

Now I am not talking about the smaller stuff you see in Electronics
magazines.  I mean a really hoss MOSFET RF power amp.  One that you can
throw a 20 amp breaker with if you crank it all the way.  Or perhaps run
off of 220.

Granted it still won't compare to some of the monsters I am reading
about
but for over all ease of use, reliabilty, and maintainance I think it
would do quite well.

Am I totally off base? Is there a reason this is not feasable?

--
Richard A. Smith               "I don't have a solution,
ras2-at-tant-dot-com                    but I admire the problem."