[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Steel structure - appropriate ground?

Subject:  Re: Steel structure - appropriate ground?
  Date:   Thu, 1 May 1997 23:22:06 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<
 Aaron steel is a lousy conductor compared to copper! on the outlet
 you use to power your coil there is three prongs one for hot another
 for return ground and a third round one for safety ground USE IT!
 There is a good conducting copper path to an already established good
 ground through the safety ground. It is required in all 50 states as
 part of the Utility code.

I think a dedicated RF ground is required that the base of the coil is
attached to alone. Go outside and drive a rod in the ground if nothing
else.
If you hook to a bonded ground the computers and everything else
electrical
is tied to it and there is a good chance that a lot of that hot RF will
go
into everything on the circut. Since a common bonded ground is used for
the
entire system you could juice everything including the mains
transformers on
the pole and from there who knows giving a worse case situtation and I
will
be willing to bet that the city will put a lawyer on you to get money
for
everything that is damaged by your coil. Also if your luck is like mine
you
will fry a senators toaster and he will pass a law against the evil
coils,
especially if it is painted black which we all know makes anything more
dangerous. I think one time Tesla himself fried the electric companys
generators. Enough of my rambleing though, I would use a ground rod, a
deep
one and save myself some trouble.      Stephen Sanders