[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My visit with Robert W. Stephens

Subject:  Re: My visit with Robert W. Stephens
  Date:   Mon, 28 Apr 1997 11:24:28 -0500
  From:   "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Hi All
>
> I had the opportunity to visit Robert and see for myself his fantastic
> twin. You really can't conceive of this thing without actually being
> there. 11 footers at his power levels are fantastic to say the least. He
> has so many TOYS it is impossible to enumerate them here and I won't
> even try. His coils are works of art.
>
> By far the most impressive demonstration was when he operated the twin
> with the break turned off and a stationary contact spaced just .375" was
> the sole break for the system. And the system seemed to operate at
> nearly the same level if not the same level as with the rotary running
> Almost unbelievable.
>
> It was a real hoot. Thanks Robert
>
> Skip

Skip,

Wow, thank you for the rave unsolicited review!  I certainly enjoyed
your visit and the opportunity to chat and discuss ideas with another
experienced coiler.  Perhaps with your assistance as offered we can
get some of my "TOYS" set up for a Shelburne Teslathon late this
summer/fall.  I know of two for sure, the Coronatron (for cooking the
St. Elmo
Dogs), and the large Tesla coil (for cooking the mosquitos).  Of
course the twin will be setup, possibly in the electrical theatre
which may be under construction by then.

Any coilers wishing to help me make a Shelburne Teslathon a reality
this year are invited to contact me by e-mail or telephone -at-
1-519-925-1771.

Cheers,
Robert W. Stephens