[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Lost mail

  Date:
        Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:43:36 -0500
  From:
        "Daryl P. Dacko" <mycrump-at-cris-dot-com>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 11:12 PM 3/27/97 -0600, you wrote:

<snip>

>I had another 'computer problem' today and lost about 20 mail
>messages. Every once in a long while the modem just hangs up halfway
>into a download, but my server continues to empty my mail file.  When
>I reconnect there is nothing left to download.  I'm using Pegasus
>mail.  If any of you computer experts out there can give me helping
>ideas I'd welcome them!

I had all sorts of problems with Pegasus and switched to Eudora Light.

Problems disapeared...

The latest Eudora is pretty powerful, and easy to set up too.

Avalable from any good shareware site, I use http://www.tucows-dot-com

>As punishment I'm going to run my computer at half line voltage for
>the next day from a variac.   &*^%$#  computer!

I'm sometimes tempted to run mine on 480 for an hour or so myself ;'}

Daryl