[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primary config for small oscillator

Subject:
        Primary config for small oscillator
  Date:
        Sat, 29 Mar 1997 04:25:56 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

tip for primary config:

Start with a flat spiral -- innermost turn about 2 inches from sec.
coilform.  Elevate sec. coil to a position around 3 1/2 inches above
primary.  Try a 16 turn pri. and tap for best tuning.  After best tuning
is
found at a variac setting of around 40%-50% (keep setting constant) then
start elevating the sec. about 1/4 to 1/2 inch at a time until you find
the
best coupling arrangement.  Check your primary tuning again and then you
will be ready for full power run up.

1/2 inch wide copper strip wound on edge with 1/2 spacing makes a nice
small coil primary.  Fit into slots cut into black delrin plastic (1/2
in.
wide x 3/4 in. high x length to fit your baseplate).