[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla Coil Understanding

Subject:
        Tesla Coil Understanding (fwd)
  Date:
        Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:55:50 -0700 (MST)
  From:
        List owner <listown-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
    To:
        tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:02:26 -0700
From: Scott Taylor <staylor-at-ppco-dot-com>
To: tesla-request-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Tesla Coil Understanding

 I have read and enjoyed the pointed posts to this list and it has
helped a
great deal of my understanding of Tesla Coils.  One common thread that
seems
to be apparent, and this is what I am seeking comments from the list on,
is
that, in general, Tesla Coils are not all that well understood.  Would
you
(the list) agree or disagree?  Is the interaction between the primary
coil
and the secondary coil well documented and understood?  Is the
efficiency of
a Tesla Coil understood, i.e., the whole Tesla Coil system consumes
power
from the wall, how much of the energy "makes it" to the top of the
secondary...or is that even a legitmate question?  Perhaps these are the
incorrect questions...lets ask just one more in this fashion...What is
NOT
understood, documented in the literature, etc, about Tesla Coils?

Thanks much to all,

Scott Taylor
staylor-at-ppco-dot-com