[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Ground Strap

  Date:
        Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:18:46 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Chuck Curran

Not a good idea to use aluminum.  The Tesla secondary requires a very,
very
good ground.  Aluminum is not a good conductor (relative to copper) at
the
high frequencies employed by Tesla oscillators.  I know it costs more
but
consider the effect a less effective ground may have on your secondary
coil
-- like burning it up!  Save your aluminum buss for the 60 HZ currents.

Consider copper again unless you are on a very very tight budget and
never
use aluminum for a primary.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

----------
> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Tesla Ground Strap
> Date: Wednesday,March 26,1997 9:50 PM

>             Re: Tesla Ground Strap
>        Date:
>             Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:06:31 +1200
>        From:
>             "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>          To:
>             tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Hi Chuck,
>
> >   From:
> >         Chuck Curran <ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com>
> >     To:
> >         Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >

> > Hello All:
> >         The last couple of weeks I have started to try and find some
> > copper
> > strap for a nice ground from the bottom of my secondary, to the buried
> > ground system.  Ah, not too many local stores carried rolls of anything
> > close to 1" wide by .015" thick copper strap, in about a 25 foot
> > length.  I found two sites  that specialize in lightning protection
> > hardware, both carry solid copper strap and braided material.    They
> > had 5/8" through 6" wide strap with one site (www.polyphaser-dot-com)
having