[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: microwave trans

       Date:
            Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:55:55 +1200
       From:
            "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:
            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I procured some uWave transformers by approaching a local servicing
firm. At first they didn't want to know (high voltage! dangerous :(
I then got a friend who had been in the servicing industry to chat up
a serviceman he knew there. That got results. Most of the ovens are
chucked out because the magnetron has failed. From observation, it
appears that most fail because the oven has been operated with either
no load or a reflective load. A side bonus is obtaining the diode/s.

Malcolm