[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: microwave trans

  Date:
        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:26:30 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

<<
> do i have to put it in oil ? , can i do without the oil ?

> also 4*800w is too much for my 220v 16 amp house wiring - don't forget
> that
> these things when shorted can give upto 200% power.
> if i use 3 and get around 6000vac, will this do ? (power is around 2000w
> so
> this could help ?)
 ---------------------------- >>
Kenneth,

I used 4 microwave oven transformers in series which gave me 6600 volts
or
so, I used a step up (240 in , 280 out) variac to get a little more
voltage.
 I had plenty of voltage to fire my gaps, so I think 6000 volts would be
fine.  I know that plenty of coilers use 6000 volts.   I obtained a 62"
flaming spark output from the coil.  I didn't use any oil, but I could
see
little "corona points" glowing between the winding and core, but it
held.  I
kept the cores connected to one side of the secondary windings, and
grounded
two of the cores.  Don't know how long it can last.

Have fun,

John Freau