[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnifier pics

  Date:
        Sat, 22 Mar 1997 23:53:46 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

At 03:10 PM 3/22/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Subject:
>        Magnifier pics
>  Date:
>        Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:00:44 -0600 (CST)
>  From:
>        Bert Pool <nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net>
>    To:
>        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

>I posted some pictures of a large Jacob's ladder (5 kva, 34.5 KV
>transformer) as well as some shots of last Saturday night's magnifier
>run.
>The extra coil wanted to arc from the top to bottom corona ring,
>shorting it
>out, but I still got some 4 footers out.  The secondary was showing
>signs of
>inter turn arcing, so I'm gonna tear it down and rebuilt it with some
>good
>HV test prod wire I have on hand.
>
>I now appreciate what Richard Hull and Ed Wingate, and others, have gone
>through on building large working magnifiers.  If you start to use the
>smaller physical extra coils like Hull does, things have to be perfect,
>and
>you don't even know what "perfect" necessarily entails!
>

>Bert Pool
>nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net

Bert,

Once again, the very quick study you make comes shining through.  The
only
way you could make this statement is to have actually tried to do it!
(something not many are willing to attempt.)  Your verbage may sound
humorous to many, but as you, I, Ed Wingate and a few others are
painfully
aware; a little resonator in a powerful magnifier has to be PERFECT in
more
respects than are apparent! Only a studied hand can achieve it because
the
mind can't catalog all that PERFECT entails!!

 I just know you have at least one or two fried and smoked small
resonators
laying around on the lab floor like once fired canon shell casings in
the
heat of battle.

Human interaction is the final synergism in this endeavor.  I am looking
forward to hearing from you that you have kicked my butt with a hot
little
resonator boiling away in your secret Fort Worth lab sometime down the
road.
Onward and upward!

Richard Hull, TCBOR