[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: PKzip

      Date:
           Thu, 20 Mar 1997 21:24:19 -0600
      From:
           rickh-at-ghg-dot-net (Rick Holland)
        To:
           Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:
This program will only run on the external floppy drive.  I can't

--
Ed, et al,

PKzip works fine for me in all formats from 8088, dos 3.1 to 5x86 100,
Win95. It is a DOS-ONLY utility, but runs quite well under a WIN95 DOS
window. It does require that you read the manual (included in the
compressed file, PKZ204G.exe), but I use it extensively, and it will
decompress the .Z files you have mentioned (even when run from the hard
drive). Of course your path command must include the directory in which
PKZIP resides.

Of course, you can download the shareware utility "WINZIP" in 16 or 32
bit version and each will also handle the .Z file type. I have a
preference for PKZIP only because I have used it for a number of years
and am very familiar with it.

Hope this helps!

   Rick Holland

   The answer is 42.