[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Vacuum tubes

      Date:
           Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:26:43 -0800
      From:
           David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
        To:
           Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Hi Group,
> What are some of the specs for the common tubes listed here for Tesla
> coils?
> I think I've seen numbers like 803, 805, 807, 813 tubes listed here.
> I have a chance of getting some 800W 3000V max plate tetrodes.
> Would these be of any use for a tube TC?
> Dave Huffman

Hello Dave,

I would kill to be able to get some 800W 3000V max plate tetrodes. I
have been using two 803's and am only getting about six inch discharge
with a 1.2kW-at-2400V microwave trany. A hot baby, though! The 803 is a
tetrode with only a 125 watt plate dissapation and 2000V plate.  Check
out: http://linux.cec.army.mil/hamradio/tube/tubefind.html
That is a good info repository with basic specs for common transmitter
tubes.
 What are the tube numbers that you have the opertunity of getting?

David Trimmell