[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Motor driven variac

Subject:
        Motor driven variac
  Date:
        Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:28:30 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I have found a motor driven variac, 10 amp I believe with a steel
control box
that has a cover. I dont know much about them and its rather expensive.
Im
thinking of buying it but does anyone know how they operate? Is there a
control you set which drives the gears and sets the voltage? What is the
advantage? I want it for a larger coil Im planning but if it has no
advantage
Ill just use a dial manual type. This is a large heavy unit,may be 15
amp and
they want 170.00 for it.   Stephen Sanders