[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coil Kits

       Date:
            Sat, 15 Mar 1997 14:27:17 +0500
       From:
            Jeremy Bair <pwac-at-flinet-dot-com>
         To:
            Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

>         Re: Tesla Coil Kits
>   Date:
>         Fri, 14 Mar 1997 21:07:50 -0500
>   From:
>         "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>     To:
>         Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> > Date:          Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:47:11 -0600
> > To:            tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> > Subject:       Tesla Coil Kits
> > From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> > From: Phil_Bidwell-at-3mail.3com-dot-com
> >
> > I have notices several Tesla Coil kits ( on the internet ) available in
> > America, from about 200 dollar - upwards.
> >
> > 1)-  Has anyone from this list built any of these kits.
> >
> > 2)-  Can anyone recommend any of these kits.
> >
> > I am considering building my first coil, so would a kit be considered
> > cheating ?
> >
> > Phil.
>
> Phil,
>
> >From what I have heard about the kits offered, if you buy one and
> follow the instructions it won't work.  Then you have to do your own R&D
> to get it to work.  In the process you learn how a Tesla coil works.
> This is not
> cheating.  If you buy a kit that does work, that IS cheating.
>
> If you buy a ready made operating coil, that is not cheating either,
> nor is it Tesla coiling.  It is merely buying a neat toy!
>
> rwstephens

Aha, now we are considering it Cheating if you buy one that works? Well,
what about selling one to someone that does work, they are cheating, but
we are making da money! Working Tesla Coils that are tunned, and work
great can be sold for LOTS of money, some people may ask "Why? Whats the
point?" But after you turn it on, and they see the bright three-ten foot
streamers, they drop their jaw, and all their questions are answered,
and the next thing you know they want YOU to build one for them that
they will pay BIG bucks for!

Cheating? Making a Living? Who cares? ;)

Jeremy Bair

PS: Maybe this could be profitable, I'm sure some of you coilers have
built some you have Donated or Sold to museums.