[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 simple questions - SCR devices - continued

-- BEGIN included message

Hi John,
           Do you have the specs on his coil handy? I'd be interested
to know the primary surge impedance and resonant frequency in
particular. It sounds as if the dV/dt rating was exceeded (lack of
controlled turnoff).

Thanks,
Malcolm

> Lou Balint of PA has used SCR's to simulate a spark gap by controlling them
> with a pulse generator.  He used about 600 volts, and obtained 7" sparks or
> more.  The units were rated for about 200 amps I think.  He was unable to
> make them "turn off" until the primary tank energy had rung down.  Eventually
> they burned up.
>
> Happy SCR coiling  :)
>
> John Freau

-- END included message