[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Shielding Computers

-- BEGIN included message

In reply...

> From:           scottb-at-aca.ca
> Date sent:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:52:04 -0500
> To:             tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:        RE:  Re: Shielding Computers

> Could you explain to me what a Marx Generator is??  Or pont me in the
> right direction

It is a device consisting of bank of capacitors and a charging
network of resistors or inductors. The basic idea is to charge the
caps in parallel and discharge them in series using spark gaps. I
guess this is really one for the HV list. One was described several
years ago in the English magazine "Electronics World and Wireless
World". The design was not a great one IMHO.

Malcolm

-- END included message