[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Fwd: More magnifier pics]

-- BEGIN included message

I've sent Chip another batch of pictures of our magnifier which we set up
last Saturday night. A storm front came through with 20 to 30 mph winds, and
ruined any chance of getting serious sparks.  We did have a small fire,
however, so all was not in vain :)

It then rained for 24 hours straight.  I had to let the yard dry out for
three days before I could roll all my stuff back around to the garage.

We'll try again soon.

BTW, I just took some pics of us pulling flaming arcs off one of our 34,500
volt potential transformers.  These hot flaming arcs are the biggest I've
ever seen. The initial spark jumps over five inches and we can pull the
flame out to 18 to 24 inches before it extinguishes.  It reminds me to be
very cautious of pole pigs and potential transformers!  I'll post these as
soon as I get them developed.

Bert Pool
nikki-at-fastlane-dot-net

-- END included message