[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Condenser Products Capacitor (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:11:47 -0700 (MST)
From: Stanley Harle <lazer-at-earth.wazoo-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Condenser Products Capacitor

Hey y'all,
	I was in on the original CP group purchase, engineered by Scotty
Myers.  Having heard about the bursting capacitors, I promptly put my cap
into a crate and tacked the lid on.  Because of this, I'm not too worried
about it bursting, but would still like to get their phone number and
address.
Anyone have it handy?

Also, to the few that have had a CP cap blow, I'd like to collect in one
thread the failure mode and positioning of the capacitor upon bursting.
Could those of you that have had one go please email me the circumstances?
Operating voltage, size of sec, etc., of course, but I'm more interested
in physical positioning.  What was the orientation and proximity to the
primary, and how close to ground?

Stan Harle
Alamogordo, NM