[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge Terminals (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:47:32 -0600 (CST)
From: Richard Wayne Wall <rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Discharge Terminals (fwd)

>Subject: Discharge Terminals
>
>I found a 6" dia round copper sphere last week.  It was smashed so I
>filled it with water and put it in the freezer.  When it froze the ice
>pushed the smashed place out and now its round again.  It works great
>on my small TC.
>
>I have found that McMaster Carr sells these spheres.  They are
>available in copper, stainless steel and mild steel.  The stainless
>steel is the most expensive.  The copper spheres are the cheapest.

snip

While driving along looking at pole pigs on poles last week, I cast my
eyes on a beautiful metal sphere on top of a flag pole, no less.  I
then looked in the yellow pages for flags and found several local flag
and sign companies.  The new shperes are aluminum with a single 1/2"
hole.  The prices are the cheapest I've seen on this list.  I visited a
couple companies.  Often times they will have used ones and they give
them away or sell them quite cheap.  I Ask them to save them for me.

RWW