[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Alignment of Caps

From: 	TimRaney-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:TimRaney-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, June 30, 1997 2:56 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Alignment of Caps

Richard:

When using multiple capacitors in a series-parallel design, it should be
symmetrical and use the same value of capacitors.  Connect the combination of
capacitors in series to get the voltage rating you want and whatever number
of capacitors in parallel to get the capacity you want.

When I use more than one capacitor in the primary circuit of a Tesla
oscillator, I  make sure they are both the same value and connect them in
series or parallel, depending on the overall system.  I usually start off
with a capacitor that has a voltage rating of at least 20KV when using with a
15KV neon sign transformer.  Maybe you'll get some more comments from other
folks on this, good luck!

TIM RANEY, TCBOR