[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Polyethylene in Aus.

From: 	mikey1[SMTP:mikey1-at-gladstone.uoregon.edu]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 25, 1997 1:51 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Polyethylene in Aus.

> This is mostly a problem we run into because as coilers, we often use
> materials for purposes never intended my their manufacturers.

Psychological sidenote:
This statement demonstrates the lack of FUNCTIONAL FIXATEDNESS.
Functional fixatedness refers to the annoying propensity of myopicity
amongst humans.  If you can look beyond the intended use of an item, be
it abstract or concrete, and envision its use in a variety of
situations, then you, as a dynamic thinker, lack the tiring inertia if
FF.  Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
--
-----Pithy statements available for a nominal fee-----