[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Sunday, June 22, 1997 11:45 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

On Friday, June 20, 1997 12:53 PM DR.RESONANCE
[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net] wrote;

> To: Alfred
>
> One must exercise caution in considering your statement.  You are assuming
> most Tesla coil power transformers are providing current as fast as the
> capacitor can charge.  In most all Tesla coil applications that I have
> experimented with we have found going from a 30 ma xmfr to a 60 ma xmfr   (
> keeping the voltage the same) there is a substantial increase in the output
> of the Tesla transformer.
>
> Your statement is correct but it does assume the smaller transformer is
> providing the necessary charging current to match the requirements of the
> capacitor.

Yes, I stipulated my assumptions as;

       "current. Realize of course this assumes that you were already
       using the largest practical size capacitor for the charging
       current. The capacitor is really the controlling factor as to
       how much power we can cram into a given Tesla coil."

To me it seems ludicrous to assume a system with less than optimal
matching between the transformer and the capacitor, it would leave
one like a clown using a rubber ruler!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/