[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Freaky frequency

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, June 20, 1997 10:09 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Freaky frequency

Hi Erik,

    Just a few lines for now concerning ur coil.

at first glance it would seem that ur secondary

is closer to 275 K.C. in length (1/4) wave ----

    Secondly,

Neons have their H.V. center-tapped & grounded

to the core (for safety's sake) so you still have

the total voltage of one of them (if connected in series).

I'd suggest connection in parallel --- (or, for tuning purposes-

use just one )

     Have you an oscilloscope / pulse generator

to test the steady state vs. ringing frequency (per Thompson's Rule )?

     I'd also suggest using one spark gap for tuning ---------

If this is new nomenclature for you --- I'll do my best to

clear it up in a later post (tomorrow ?? )

regards ,

                 Sandy