[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Mini Coils

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 19, 1997 2:32 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: More Mini Coils

Ed, all,
         I should perhaps clarify something here....

>     I have a rather small coil here, running off a 12 volt
> battery with a transistor interrupter.  I get 4.5" streamers
> when the input current is about 2 amps, so results are almost
> identical to Malcom's.  Interesting thing........  If I turn
> the coil on in the dark, there is almost no discharge visible
> from the 2.5" toroid.  As the seconds go by the discharge increases
> until there is a beautiful purple crown coming off the terminal.

I wish to make it absolutely clear that I am not talking about 4"
coronas, feathers and the like. I am talking about 4" of heavily
ionized single channel plasma-type attached sparks (with most of the
power concentrated in them). I can get 7" purple wisps
concentrated in a band between the two resonators at that power level.

Malcolm