[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Polyethylene in Aus.

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 7:29 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: FW: Polyethylene in Aus.

Wednesday, June 18, 1997 3:33 AM Peter Elekssy
<elekessy-at-macquarie.matra-dot-com.au> wrote;

> Yes indeed folks, we may have the odd kangaroo bouncing across the
> backyard, and "pole pigs" might indeed be more scarce than wild pigs,
> but polyethylene plastic is quite easy to get here.

I was told once by someone that lived in Australia that polyethylene
sutable for capacitors was hard to find there, I am certainly glad to
hear that is not the case!

> I have actually used black concreters plastic for my cap only because
> its so much cheaper than the clear poly, and I still believe many layers
> work better than one thick one.

Ah ha! Again we hear the much malined black polyethylene not living
up to it's bad ( and aparently false) reputation! This indeed seems
to be one of those situations where a lie repeated long enough
becomes accepted as truth! This must be about the fifth time I've
heard that someone was using black polyethylene in their capacitor,
with no problems!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/