[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

More Mini Coils

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 7:29 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: More Mini Coils

Wednesday, June 18, 1997 1:01 PM Edward V. Phillips
<ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu> wrote;

>  I have a rather small coil here, running off a 12 volt
> battery with a transistor interrupter.  I get 4.5" streamers
> when the input current is about 2 amps, so results are almost
> identical to Malcom's.

Could you give a more detailed description on that coils specs?

> Interesting thing........  If I turn the coil on in the dark, there
> is almost no discharge visible from the 2.5" toroid.  As the seconds
> go by the discharge increases until there is a beautiful purple crown
> coming off the terminal.

Sounds like a resonant build to me; think of the resonant circuit of
the secondary like a swing being pushed by the primary, with each
properly timed push the swing will go a little higher until eventualy
it will be at full swing.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/