[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Query on toriod -> ground capacitance

Subject: Re: Query on toriod -> ground capacitance
  Date:  Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:51:07 -0500
  From: David Huffman <huffman-at-FNAL.GOV>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Don't confuse what the capacitance of a toroid would do on a coil
with what it would do by itself as I did. The capacitance of any
object decreases as it moves away from ground. The capacitance of the
top terminal of a Tesla coil increases because it is moving away from
the shielding effects of the coils top turns. This is Tesla Coiling,
you might as well get use to odd things. ;-)
Dave