[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotor BPS

Subject: Re: Rotor BPS
  Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 19:31:53 -0600
  From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To: "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

TO: Chuck Curran

The basic coil usually starts out with a secondary winding that is 1 to
1
1/2 inches above a horizontal line drawn through the top edge of the
primary.  This vertical elevation is to achieve the proper coupling.
Primary emphasis here is proper coupling for best performance which
means
less energy is reflected back into the primary circuit where it could
damage your transformer (especially neon types) or your capacitor.  The
more energy you couple into the secondary the better!

We usually use a horizontal primary to secondary separation of 1 1/2
inches
as measured from the sec. coilform itself to the first primary inner
turn.
With neon xmfrs usually 1.5 inches is enough.  With pole units and large
diameter sec. coils we usually go 2 inches to 2 1.4 inches of primary to
sec. separation.

You mentioned that your roof clearance is a problem, but guess what ---
the
electrons doing all the work really don't care --- they just wanna have
fun!!!

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net