[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 foot sparks - need more garage!

From: 	tesla[SMTP:tesla-at-ixx.se]
Sent: 	Wednesday, July 23, 1997 4:18 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 2 foot sparks - need more garage!

At 12:54 1997-07-23 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

That subject has popped up on this list on several occasions. By

dividing the dc voltage by two is in the safe range to keep a

dc rated capacitor alive in tesla work.

Of course it also depends on what type of dielectric is in the cap.

Mica is the best materials for a cap used in tesla work

and should handle half the dc voltage and probably a bit more quite well.

Those WW2 caps are not only great caps for tesla work but also quite

some museum artefacts and it would be a shame if they were destroyed.

Hmmm, my two cents worth of personal thinking. I seem to get nostalgic

everytime i get around vintage electronics. =)

//Matt

<fontfamily><param>Times New

        <bold> Matthias "Tesla" Andersson

tesla-at-engelholm.se

</bold>     <italic>-"Why am i glowing in the dark?"

</bigger></fontfamily>