[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: resources

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Saturday, July 12, 1997 6:56 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: resources

To: Kevin

I would highly recommend John Couture's book on Tesla coil construction.
It is very straight forward, rather inexpensive, and has a lot of relavent
charts and information to guide you.  John is a regular reader on this
Tesla List and could respond directly to you.

A variac is essentially an adjustable transformer (auto-transformer) that
is commonly used by Tesla coil builders in front of the neon sign
transformer to bring up the voltage slowly.  The variac is also a good tool
to use until you get the primary tuning clip in the proper position for
best resonance -- it helps save your transformer and caps from excessive
resonant rise until the energy is being coupled into the secondary coil
where it is desireable.

Hope this helps out.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net