[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Open Letter

At 11:16 PM 1/28/97 -0700, you wrote:
>From: des <des-at-www.ellijay-dot-com>
>After reading several of Fr. Tom McGahee's posts to this list, and then
>reading of the book project, I decided that when it is published, this
>is one book which I will purchase, due to the fact that the author is an
>articulate individual, (proper spelling, punctuation and grammatical
>structuring is so sadly lacking of late...) and he has the capacity to
>take a scientific subject, and take the technese out of it, leaving
>behind a very understandable description of what is involved.  I say
>that if we all can contribute, (I'm still putting the finishing touches
>on my coil, it is not yet in operation, so I have little to contribute,
>yet...) this book could become the compilation of many people's
>experience, a comprehensive reference that would make coiling possible
>for anyone, even the idiots!  And with proper warnings included in the
>book, even the idiots could coil safely.  My vote is to leave the title
>as is.
>
>doug

DITTO!
I agree, and think the "content" of the book is more important than the
title (ya can't judge a book...etc.) I really like the way he explains
things, and after reading his post on "primaries" am looking forward to
"simplified" explanations of other components of the TC. I'm sure that once
a person is made to see the basic idea behind a complicated system, then the
more technical explanations won't be quite so hard to grasp. This idjit
wants to learn more :o)
                                     ken cravens