[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ion motor? (fwd)

<<
 Chris,

>Snip<
 >looks kind of like one half of a swastika.  I set this on the toroid and
 powered up the coil.  It started spinning slowly at first then really
started
 >gaining speed.  I shut the coil down to move it closer to the center of the
 toroid - I was afraid it would fly offf and land down on the primary and
 >short it out.  Then I refired the coil now it won't spin.  I relocated it
 back where it originally was on the toroid and it still won't spin.  Maybe
 >one or two turns then stops.

 >I made another one out of aluminum foil, about the same size - same result.

> Ed Sonderman

 >[Ed,  I found that the bearing is the main problem for me.  I fuss with it,
find the
> "magic" spot and it works.  -- Chip]

These ion motors work great on tube coils, they spin like crazy with any kind
of bearing.

John Freau