[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ion Motor

Ed Sonderman said:

> Well, I tried placing the ion motor on top of a 3" high drinking glass
> sitting on top of the toroid.  It still does not spin.
>
> Ed Sonderman

In his book, "Lightning Bolt Generators", Walt Noon relates a similar
ion motor story. (I think Walt is on this list, but I'm not sure)  He
figured out that the ion motor was being attracted to an object with an
opposite charge, which turned out to be him!  After moving further back
from the motor, it began to work.

However, I think this may have been with a spherical discharge terminal,
not a toroid.  I would try placing the motor within the e-field away
from the toroid.  Maybe some oppositely charged object (you?) could be
preventing the motor from spinning.  Just a thought.  Good luck!

-Dick Messick