[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION and why we may be out of this hobby!

<<
 A spectrum analizer can find your tesla coil.  My cousin works for the
 department of defence and is stationed in Germany.  His jop involves keeping

 several spectrum analizers and receiver stations in full operation.  The
 systems are used to spy on foreign countries.  He told me that the spectrum
 analizers looks at all frequencies and a computer records the information
 over a period of several weeks.  Then if one day a new frequency appears on
 the spectrum analizer all receivers are tuned in on that frequency.
 Directional vector antenna are used from each receiver to pin point the
exact
 location on the transmition.  The government is interested in listening to
 any frequency that wasn't there before.  The way foreign powers try to keep
 things secret is to change the frequency of the transmitter each time they
 use it.  My cousin does not approve of my tesla coil.  He says they are very

 bad but refused to say much more.  He is the CIA type that thinks everything

 is either BLACK or WHITE and there should be nothing in between. My cousin
 did not say anything about receiver stations of this type in this country
but
 it wouldn't surprise me at all if there are some.  I would think that unless

 someone complains or your Tesla Coil interfers with something like the
 airport or police etc. you don't have anything to worry about.  It would
 probably be wise to keep the existance of a tesla coil a secret so neighbors

 done know where the TV interferance is comming from.

A Tesla coil properly designed and constructed, with line filters, separate
grounds, etc. will not transmit much RF when sparking.  If you load it up
with a big toroid so it cannot break out and run it, it will act like a
transmitter.  My coil running at 7 kva barely causes snow on my own TV.

Ed Sonderman