[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Case grounds

RE;
If you've already got your neons grounded because of the way you've
mounted them in the metal cabinet, then DON'T tie the RF ground to the
AC ground. Normally, the cases of the neons should be allowed to float
from AC ground so that you CAN tie them to a separate RF ground. This is
consistent with earlier guidelines that Richard Quick had proposed, and
they seem to make sense.

Bert;

Thanks for the speedy reply. Actually, I'm about a week behind reading
my Teslamail and as I was catching up, I read some of your other posts
concerning pretty much the same topic; They cleared up much of my
confusion regarding the rf ground.

The good news is that although my neon transformers are mounted in a
metal cabinet, they are secured to a pair of 4x4" pine supports and
will be a simple matter to reconfigure the ground from house to rf.
Originally I isolated them this way because I was attemting to ground
one side of the neons secondary, (via some old Information Unlimited
plans,) which meant that the transformer case would float at 7500v.
(15000v transformers.) I finally decided against this scheme because
of where the 120 vac passed through the case proved to be too risky.

Thanks again for all your great assistance, Daniel.