[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: My 1st capacitors

At 10:25 PM 1/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>> Subject:       Re: My 1st capacitors
>> Subject: Re: My 1st capacitors
>
>Subscriber: rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com Wed Jan  1 22:03:01 1997
>Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 18:35:22 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: My 1st capacitors
>
>> Date:          Wed, 1 Jan 1997 08:25:19 -0700
>> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>> To:            Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
>> Subject:       Re: My 1st capacitors
>
>> Subscriber: knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net Wed Jan  1 08:03:32 1997
>> Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:50:30 -0600
>> From: Kevin <knardell-at-mailhost.accesscom-dot-net>
>> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject: Re: My 1st capacitors
>>

>> >I have my secondary bottom end connected to the primary.  When I
>> >connect the secondary to earth ground along with the center tap of the
>> >transformers like it should be the output at the secondary is reduced
>> >by about half.
>> >

>> Please explain this in more detail, it really caught my attention, I use
>> neon transformers on my coil and want MORE POWER, maybe you can also halp
>> with this. I also use SW caps and want to make some caps like yours.
>>
>> Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> Said with A BIG BOOM!
>>
>>                                        Regards,
>>                                             Kevin Nardelle
>>

>Kevin,
>
>For a safety standpoint I suggest you connect your secondary bottom
>terminal back to earth ground IMMEDIATELY.  I cannot overemphasize
>this!

If you look real good, it was me asking a question, I have my coil secondary
earth grounded, I was asking about this other fellows coil that is connected
to the primary.
Note: I cut the guys signature line out.

>I am taking a guess here,
>but I think you may be using the freestanding capacitance that your
>secondary represents as a tuning aid to bring your primary system
>into resonance by this connection.  You should be able to 'dial in'
>the same high performance by adding primary turns when you
>reconfigure the secondary bottom to ground.
>
>With the secondary bottom tied to the 60 Hz neon as you are using it,
>that output streamer becomes LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!   None of the
>florescent lamp or body /streamer contact tricks that are part of
>normal Tesla coil fun can be attemted with this dangerous
>configuration.
>
>Safety and Life First!, streamers and coiling fun second.
>
>rwstephens

   * T   E   S   L   A      C   O   I   L   S *
Kevin Nardelle   knardell-at-accesscom-dot-net
My main web page soon to be all TESLA
related with lotsa pictures and links.
http://www.accesscom-dot-net/nardell

Non related sites I have
The Louisiana Swamps Online (Under construction)
http://www.icorp-dot-net/users/kev
Get me on CuSeeMe for live video and chat!
Shop talk, Show and tell, Ect...
The Continuum Reflector-High speed and Color
204.107.221.9 Conf. ID 2601