[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Experimental results

Tesla List wrote:

> > Subject: Re: Experimental results
>
> Subscriber: bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com Sun Dec 22 20:22:28 1996
> Date: Sun, 22 Dec 1996 09:13:03 -0800
> From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: Experimental results
>
> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Subscriber: music-at-triumf.ca Sat Dec 21 23:27:36 1996
> > Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 20:04:15 PST
> > From: "Fred W. Bach, TRIUMF Operations" <music-at-triumf.ca>
> > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > Cc: music-at-triumf.ca
> > Subject: Re: Experimental results

> > >Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 15:25:06 -0700
> > >From: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> > >To: Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> > >Subject: Re: Experimental results
> >
> > >Subscriber: couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net Sat Dec 21 15:16:07 1996
> > >Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 19:38:58 +0000
> > >From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
> > >To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > >Subject: Re: Experimental results

> > >---------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >Tesla said in his writings that the charge collected from a Tesla coil
> > >secondary terminal will always be negative because the dampened wave is
> > >offset and the negative amplitude is greater than the positive. When you get
> > >a positive charge it is because of induction.
> > >
> > >It should be noted that isotropic capacity only makes sense with an isolated
> > >object in space. Isotropic means equal physical properties along all axes.
> > >The physical properties in this case are charges (forces) extending in all
> > >directions from the charged object. The forces are similar to gravitational
> > >forces which extend in all directions from matter.
> > >
> > >Jack C.
> >
> >    The negative charge travels a lot faster than the positive charges.
> >    Just like in semiconductors, the ELECTRON is far more mobile than
> >    the hole, about 300 times if memory serves correctly.
> >
> >    Devise some way to drain away the negative charge to ground and
> >    what you are left with are a lot of positive ions around that land
> >    on things and charge them positively.
> >
> >    What you need is a graph of the positive buildup of the charge versus
> >    time as the TC is switched off.
> >
> >  Fred W. Bach ,    Operations Group        | Internet: music-at-triumf.ca
> >  TRIUMF (TRI-University Meson Facility)    | Voice:  604-222-1047 loc 6327/7333
> >  4004 WESBROOK MALL, UBC CAMPUS            | FAX:    604-222-1074
> >  University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., CANADA   V6T 2A3
> >  "Accuracy is important. Details can mean the difference between life & death."
> >  These are my opinions, which should ONLY make you read, think, and question.
> >  They do NOT necessarily reflect the views of my employer or fellow workers.
>
> Fred,
>
> Here's an interesting effect that might be related. I ran the coil with
> a small 1 foot long fluorescent light resting on the toroid. Significant
> corona was coming off the free end, lighting it. After shutting power
> [...]

Bert,

Just read this and must comment to seeing this one myself a year or two
ago.  I think that the coil with each micro discharge is ringing up and
down.  Just like you note in the form of a relaxation oscillator.  The
time constant would have to do with the gas in the tube or the body
ground resistance (probably hundreds of megohms.  The capacitance is
small and thus the relatively short time constant.

There are other senarios such as pre-charged air movement over the body
from the approach to the system, etc, etc.  Who can figure all this stuff
out???!!!

Richard Hull, TCBOR