From: "tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
To: Benson Barry; "Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com"-at-PMDF-at-PAXMB1
Subject: WATER IN TRANSFORMER OIL
Date: Saturday, December 14, 1996 4:22PM

<<File Attachment: 00000000.TXT>>
Subscriber: huffman-at-fnal.gov Sat Dec 14 13:08:29 1996
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:24:06 -0600
From: huffman <huffman-at-fnal.gov>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

    [The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

Hi Group,
What is the main problem with water dissolved (hydroscopic) in oil?
My first thought is that it lowers the breakdown voltage. It must also
cause corrosion with the addition of free ions. It must increase the
dielectric constant.
I would think that the effects are small (< a few %).?
Dave