[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Polyester resin coil coating?

Hi everyone,

For a while now I've been eyeing some clear polyester casting resin at one
of the local industrial plastics places (the kind of stuff they use for
making clear paperweights with embedded objects).  I was just down there
yesterday and they had a number of different types, as well as other fun
things like two part foam mixes, epoxies etc.  Anyway, I was just wondering
if the casting resin would be any good as a coil coating.  I vaguely
remember someone saying a while ago that Polyester was NOT a good
dielectric and was very lossy.  Just thought I'd check for sure, since this
stuff looks awfully useful (to pot chokes in perhaps).  The Behr Build
sounds great, but I'm interested in finding something less brittle since
Chip(?) mentioned cracking problems with cold temperatures.  Maybe I'll
stick with varnish, but thought I'd ask at least.  Thanks in advance for
any input!

Charles Brush
http://www.foundrygroup-dot-com/cbrush
server down at the moment :(