[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pulsed Tube Coils

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:39:01 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
writes:
>> Subject:       Re: Pulsed Tube Coils
>> Subject: Re: Pulsed Tube Coils
>
>Subscriber: rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com Thu Jan  9 22:35:31 1997
>Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 22:07:41 -0500
>From: "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Pulsed Tube Coils
>
>> Date:          Mon, 6 Jan 1997 22:43:07 -0700
>> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
>> To:            Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
<SNIP>
>I have had plans to attempt voice modulation of the output lightning
>storm from a disruptive discharge TC for some time now and know
>exactly how I'm going to attempt it once I finally 'get a round
>tuit'.  For now I'll only share that my proposed technique recognizes
>Niquist's Theorem for audio sampling rate and will necessarily employ
>a rapid rotary break to sample the audio spectrum where most energy
>in human speech is concentrated.  This should produce an amazing stage
>effect.
>If 'Man or Astroman' can receive these waves I'd like to hear from
>you guys.  I might be able to build a TC for you that will not only
>allow you to communicate with your home planet, but do a neat stage
>show here on earth as well!
>
>If anyone ever picks up one of my modulated TC experiments and can
>prove it I promise to QSL!
>
>rwstephens

  Robert,

  Thats pretty much what I was originally talking about,
using a transistor switch in the cathode return of the
tube turned on and off at a audio rate, with a filtered
DC plate supply. Anyway, I just wish I had time to play
with half the stuff I think about.<G>  Plate modulation
would be a heck of a nice way to go, but I don't have
500 or so watts of audio available or a suitable modulation transformer.
Maybe a good way for a high power tube coil to be modulated would be to
do it at
the screen with a tetrode like a 4-400 or a 813.

			Mark Graalman