[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

> Date:          Wed, 8 Jan 1997 22:59:51 -0700
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>
> To:            Tesla-list-subscribers-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)

> Subscriber: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net Wed Jan  8 22:59:13 1997
> Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 20:54:03 -0800
> From: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: TC Electrostatics (fwd)
>
> Robert W. Stephens wrote:
>
> > > I consider the actual efficiency of my MTC system to be right up there with the
> > > best.  This two coil classical system achieves or exceeds the same streamer
> > > lengths at 7 kVa that Hull's group is achieving with their highly engineered,
> > > sophisticated magnifiers!  At just 2.5 kVa my MTC produces 6-7 foot measured
> > > streamers if I downsize the topload to allow breakout at this more commonly
> > > experienced coiler  power level, and reduce my system cap to just 0.05 mfd
> > > instead of 0.12 mfd.  No bigger hammer anywhere here at all,  just highly
> > > efficient, synergistic design.  Its a case of making a lumped parameter system
> > > outa just the right type of lumps. : )
>
> Robert,
> I would be very interested in knowing some of the particulars of your coil,
> namely the:
>
> Input power
> Spark length
> Sec frequency
> Sec inductance
> Gap rate
>
> Are these parameters published anywhere?
>
> Thanks, Greg

Greg,

*Input power 6.9 kVA (30 amps -at- 230 volts)

*Spark length 144 inches,  measured point-to-point, line of sight
  horizontal shot to a metal   roof.  Have it on video and still photos with witnesses
  who were there helping with the outdoor test last spring.

*Sec Frequency 87 KHz

*Sec inductance 50.0 mH

*Gap rate 400 pps, non-synchronous.

A photo of the twelve foot strike is posted with the .rws pictures at
the nic.funet.fi site.  Look for the file MTCpics.doc (or something
similar), it will tell you which photo to find it in.  These MTC pictures are all from
that one evening's test.

Hope this helps.

regards,
rwstephens